By 2016 we realized that our event had outgrown the City of Providence. We needed a lot more space, a private venue, and event facilities. Thanks to the hard work and dedication of our staff, we pulled off a venue change at the last possible moment as the Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park greeted us with open arms.
We know we hit some bumps along the way last year in our new home. Our team has taken in the feedback of athletes, teams, staff and volunteers and we would like to outline some changes, address some frequently asked questions, and make sure you know where you’re going for 2017 so your experience racing or spectating at KMCCX is smooth starting from the moment you pull into the gate.
Thompson Speedway is a purpose-built event venue. It’s a big part of the reason why we love it so much. There are built-in amenities that we don’t have to bring in ourselves. One asset that we did not rely on heavily in 2016 is the outstanding Thompson Speedway staff. This year they are taking on 100 percent of the coordination of parking and camping, which we hope will help to create a smooth festival experience.
What does this mean for you?
There will be a fee for parking this year.
Cost: $10 per car per day or $20 parking pass for the entire event. This applies to every car entering the park except the following:
- Staff and pre-registered volunteers.
- Anyone registered for camping on the given day.
- Anyone registered for Premium tent/parking spaces (see more info on this below).
- Pre-registered media
- Registered expo participants, and those who have registered UCI tent areas or club city tents (1 vehicle per registration)
If you fall into any of the above categories, your name will be on a list at the front gate and you will be directed accordingly.
Why is there a fee for parking?
- It allows our to team to focus on running the festival and turns over parking operations to the Thompson Speedway staff. Part of this cost pays for the Speedway staff and their operational costs.
- It’s a massive venue with a lot of you trying to go different places at different times of day. Our venue partners are here to help you.
- Part of the parking money will go towards venue restorations. For those of you that were in attendance last year, you may recall the serious cyclocross weather we brought in with us. While that was a whole lot of fun, it turns out that it is not ideal for things like pavement that race cars go on. This fee will allow us to stay in good favor with the venue and continue to hold the event year after year.
- We encourage you to camp! It’s going to be a fun weekend, why not stay on site? Parking is included in the camping fee.
What is premium parking/tent space?
Premium is a new option for 2017 available near the garage paddock (where the expo was in 2016). There are two premium options for 2017:
- Premium tent space with garage space included (includes parking for 1 vehicle with space) – $300
- Premium parking spot only (no tent) in lot next to garage paddock – $60
Premium will have a separate entrance point at the main gate that goes directly into the garage paddock without crossing the course.
Staff/Pre-Registered Media Parking:
Staff and pre-registered media will use the same entrance as Premium which will go directly into the main garage paddock without crossing the course
Main Parking Information:
All other traffic must follow the main road to the parking lots.
The volunteer lot is the first parking lot, volunteers can then walk over the bridge to the volunteer check in area in the main paddock garage.
Club City registered vehicles (parking purchased with your tent), triple wide spots, expo, and elite/UCI team traffic will continue through all parking lots and around the back of the hill into the south entrance onto the skidpad without crossing the course.
For those in any of the team tent areas who did not purchase parking or are in additional vehicles, you will be directed to the main parking lot.
All vehicles, regardless of where you are parked, will have access in and out of the venue throughout the event without restriction.
$25 per night per space
Note: Parking for 1 vehicle is included with each camp site, camper/truck and trailer counts as a vehicle, any additional vehicles will need to purchase a parking pass at the gate.
Family camping is past the volunteer and overflow lot but just before the main parking area.
Club city camping is at the far southern end of the venue just past club city tent area.
Golf cart rentals (only 10 available):
$125 for the weekend. use this link to reserve with the park directly.
Email us! Ask us on social media! We’re happy to help.